Do you want to improve the productivity of your organization? Are you looking for a way to communicate and collaborate at your firm?
You might want to check it out more. Ensure that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval with this.
Is it a good choice for your business to use SharePoint? Will you make the right investment?
We will show you how to make the right decision.
What is SharePoint?
There is a web-based platform called Microsoft Sharepoint Online. It integrates with Microsoft Office to store and share files. It is a document management system.
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure workspace with the help of SharePoint. You can build tasks and track schedules.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the button to create a site.
- The team site should be selected.
- Pick the design that matches your requirements.
- Correct details can be entered, which include name and description.
- Click on Finish to complete the setup
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They are used as a space for your members lists. The ability to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner is provided by SharePoint. Users have access to the documents and content when they click on the library.
The best way to use the document library is by using the following methods.
- The documents can be selected in the left- vertical pane.
- To add new items, choose new. In the current library folder, you can drag and drop files.
- You can open a Microsoft Office file with the app.
- Modern web apps allow you to change a file with other people. You still have the ability to stop others from working on the same file at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and review items in the list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
A set of decisions and tasks give you the right outcomes. They are similar to the automated flowchart application that handles business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates that are in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained with this.
There are different roles that are linked.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
Users can enter and execute search queries with this feature. There is a scope of search in the recent website and any sub-sites. The search application processes the query and returns results that match the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be included in the search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are needed by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. If you add words to the search query box, it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
The host can use it to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data. The content in the data can be stored in the library.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are components in this template that support project management.
- The summary of the project.
- There is a task timetable.
- A task list.
- The calendar.
- There is a document library.
- Task management features are built into it.
This method of handling tasks and projects is easy to use.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided to you. It’s perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration.”